From Perl QA
Revision as of 12:22, 13 April 2013 by AndyArmstrong
Perl QA Wiki
Perl QA Points of Interest
- Old Wiki - Items from the Old Wiki that could use updating.
- Perl code coverage - information about the coverage of the Perl interpreter source code
- CPANTS - The CPAN Testing Service evaluates all CPAN modules for Kwalitee
- Best Practices for Testing - what to test and how
- The Way of Testivus - Less Unit Testing Dogma, More Unit Testing Karma
- Testing on VMS - Running Perl tests on VMS
- Continuous Integration - Automated testing
- Oslo QA Hackathon 2008 - Meet and hack with the Perl QA crowd
- Why use Perl for Testing?
- Toolchain Roadmap - planning the evolution of the Perl toolchain
- Better frameworks for larger Perl programs: documentation, translation, error handling
- Improving the CPAN experience for "normal" end-users
- Acceptance Testing in Perl - Ruby's Cucumber style testing in Perl 5 using Test::More/Simple/whatever....
The Test Anything Protocol. TAP has a dedicated wiki here.
- TAP specification
- TAP version 13 specification
- TAP wiki
- TAP Proposals - Got a TAP proposal? Document it here.
- TAP Parsers - Writing a TAP parser? List it here.
- TAP Producers - Got a framework for writing tests which output TAP? List it here.
- Why can't a program count its own tests?
- Test::Harness can't analyze extra diagnostic information or run my INTERCAL/Befunge/Malbolge/Java program directly! You suck!
- What the hell is that thing in the corner?!
- How do I test...?
About this wiki
Please note here if you are wearing pants or not
- Thomas Klausner: CPANTS
- Jonathan Yu: As above ;-)
- Andy Lester: Yes.
- Tyler MacDonald: Corduroys.
- David Wheeler: Yes.
- Shawn Sorichetti: No. Shorts.
- Joe McMahon: Yep.
- Schwern: Fishpants
- Luke Closs: Yes.
- Jonathan Rockway: ok 1 - pants
- Jeff Bisbee: Yep.
- Skud: not ok 2 - pants
- # expected: pants
- # got: skirt
- Nate Mueller: Yes, but not for long
- Adrian Howard: If you're reading the question in English yes. If you're reading it in American no.
- Ovid: despite living in the UK, I still plead the fifth.
- Ian Langworth: Likely.
- Shlomi Fish: I'm wearing Shorts - as I usually do in the Israeli Summer.
- David Landgren: qw(no yes yes yes yes yes no)[(localtime)]
- Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni: usually
- User:chromatic: pants are optional
- Steve Peters: possibly
- Andy Armstrong: manky shreddies
- Christopher H. Laco: $wifehome ? 0 : 1;
- Richard Foley: not if i can help it
- Jeremiah Foster: Pantaloons!
Looks like a hybrid of Koala bear + crocodile