The Way of Testivus
From Perl QA
A small booklet on testing by Alberto Savoia.
- If you write code, write tests.
- Don’t get stuck on unit testing dogma.
- Embrace unit testing karma.
- Think of code and test as one.
- The test is more important than the unit.
- The best time to test is when the code is fresh.
- Tests not run waste away.
- An imperfect test today is better than a perfect test someday.
- An ugly test is better than no test.
- Sometimes, the test justifies the means.
- Only fools use no tools.
- Good tests fail.
Alberto Savoia, www.JUnitFactory.com
Download the complete booklet.